Because childbirth carries with it a host of worries, brushing your teeth while pregnant is perhaps one of the last things you concern yourself about. But because your oral health can affect your overall health as well as the baby’s, it’s vital that you bend over backwards to maintain your oral cavity health while you’re expecting a child. We’ve assembled the following tips to aid you in doing just that.
How to maintain your mouth health during pregnancy:
– Always brush at least twice per day using ADA-approved toothpaste.
– Floss your chompers at least once a day.
– If you use dental products besides toothpaste and floss, make sure that they also display the ADA Seal of Approval.
– Monitor foods high in sugar, which could develop plaque, tartar, and eventually lead to gum disease in your mouth.
– Come into our office regularly so we can pay attention to your health and adapt your treatment plan accordingly.
– Monitor your plaque; if you have oddly high amounts, we may be able to endorse a high-power mouthwash to assist you in keeping it under control.
At Smiles by Design Dental Care, your dental health and the health of your baby-to-be are key to our mission to provide spectacular oral healthcare in the Apple Valley, Minnesota, area. If you have any queries about how to retain oral health during pregnancy or if you would like to pencil in your next visit with Dr. Fred Hermanson, please get in contact with us at 952-432-9155 and we’ll get you taken care of.