There are an assortment of techniques you could be using to enhance your brushing skills to keep your mouth clean. Not only can you enhance the way you brush your teeth, but you can even improve the way you care for your brush. A clean and sanitized brush is less likely to contaminate your mouth further with bacteria and germs. Furthermore, caring for your brush will allow it to continue to function as intended. Listed below are a few principles concerning tooth brushing and what you can do to enhance the habit:
– If you fail to brush efficiently, either due to a muscle ailment or old age, try transferring to an alternative cleaning tool such as an electric toothbrush.
– Select a toothpaste and toothbrush that is dentist-recommended or comes with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Your toothbrush cannot keep your mouth safe if the brush itself is unclean. To prevent cross-contamination, store your brush properly when not in use, and never share it with anybody else.
– Avoid using a toothbrush past its point of value, and replace it as needed, which usually takes place every 3-4 months.
– Storing your toothbrush in an aired-out container is essential to keep your brush clean. This includes avoiding damp areas that can form in sealed areas.
– A proper fitting toothbrush is essential when it comes to your oral health care needs. Try implementing a toothbrush into your routine that has soft bristles and can easily fit into your mouth.
Come in and see for yourself the magic of improved oral health care. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Fred Hermanson and our team at our dentist office in Apple Valley, Minnesota, call Smiles by Design Dental Care at 952-432-9155 and a member of our team will gladly assist you. We look forward to seeing you smile!